Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional formatting not playing ball (2)

Once more with feeling...
Applied this to range A4:G97
=$E4="Y" formatted as strikethrough, the idea being to strikethrough the
whole row (up to G anyway).
It doesn't work, and I can't figure out why.
I inserted a new worksheet and formatted it the same, and this worked fine!
There are three pieces of code chundering away in the background of this
worksheet;
1 to colour rows depending on what number is placed in cells in 'C',
2 to open a Word doc, and
3 to sort the sheet by ascending number on column 'C'.
Could any of these codes be stopping the conditional formatting working?
Thanks

--
Traa Dy Liooar

Jock
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

None of those should be interfering with CF. However, you can check that
by opening the file with macros disabled.

Since it works in a new sheet, are you sure you're meeting the condition
(i.e., that E4 contains "Y" with no leading or trailing spaces)?

In article ,
Jock wrote:

1 to colour rows depending on what number is placed in cells in 'C',
2 to open a Word doc, and
3 to sort the sheet by ascending number on column 'C'.
Could any of these codes be stopping the conditional formatting working?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select cells A4:G97 with cell A4 as the active cell
then enter your formula. You might also check that
the cells in the E column are actually single character
or perhaps use =TRIM($E4)="Y"

More information on Conditional Formatting
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm

--
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP -- Excel