Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ram Ram is offline

Default randomly pick a number from a set of predetermined numbers

Hi,

I need a formula that will enable me to randomly pick (select) a number from
the following numbers

15, 25,35,45,55,65,75,85,95

I'm aware of the the RAND & RANDBETWEEN functions and i have not been able
to generate the output as desired.

regards,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way:

=RANDBETWEEN(1,9)*10+5

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ram" wrote in message

I need a formula that will enable me to randomly pick (select) a number
from
the following numbers

15, 25,35,45,55,65,75,85,95

I'm aware of the the RAND & RANDBETWEEN functions and i have not been able
to generate the output as desired.

regards,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ram Ram is offline

Thanks Biff, it works. It's exactly what i was looking for.

"T. Valko" wrote:

One way:

=RANDBETWEEN(1,9)*10+5

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ram" wrote in message

I need a formula that will enable me to randomly pick (select) a number
from
the following numbers

15, 25,35,45,55,65,75,85,95

I'm aware of the the RAND & RANDBETWEEN functions and i have not been able
to generate the output as desired.

regards,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ram wrote on Mon, 10 Sep 2007 21:50:08 -0700:

R I need a formula that will enable me to randomly pick
R (select) a number from the following numbers

R 15, 25,35,45,55,65,75,85,95

R I'm aware of the the RAND & RANDBETWEEN functions and i have
R not been able to generate the output as desired.

If you need several choices, the old technique of having the
numbers in a column, a helper column =RAND() and sorting on the
helper column will randomize your numbers.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ram" wrote in message
Thanks Biff, it works. It's exactly what i was looking for.

"T. Valko" wrote:

One way:

=RANDBETWEEN(1,9)*10+5

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ram" wrote in message

I need a formula that will enable me to randomly pick (select) a number
from
the following numbers

15, 25,35,45,55,65,75,85,95

I'm aware of the the RAND & RANDBETWEEN functions and i have not been
able
to generate the output as desired.

regards,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here's a general idea:
Picking 1 of 6 Random Primes:

=CHOOSE(RANDBETWEEN(1,6),2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13)

--
HTH :)
Dana DeLouis

"Ram" wrote in message

I need a formula that will enable me to randomly pick (select) a number
from
the following numbers

15, 25,35,45,55,65,75,85,95

I'm aware of the the RAND & RANDBETWEEN functions and i have not been able
to generate the output as desired.

regards,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I like the idea

another way without the ATP

=INDEX({15;25;35;45;55;65;75;85;95},INT(RAND()*(10-1)+1))

Peo Sjoblom