Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default No cents

I am entering values where 95% are whole amounts (no cents). I format the
cells to show without decimal point. When I do enter an amount with cents I
want it to show in chart but only where there is cents. Is there a way to
format without having to manually change every time I have cents?

bobby
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Why format at all?

If you use the default format of GENERAL then you can just enter your values
as you desire.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Bobby" wrote in message
I am entering values where 95% are whole amounts (no cents). I format the
cells to show without decimal point. When I do enter an amount with cents
want it to show in chart but only where there is cents. Is there a way to
format without having to manually change every time I have cents?

bobby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Oh, yeah, I see that now. Hmmm...

--