Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Rounding to the nearest quarter hour no longer working

I have a time sheet that I've been using for several months, and today it's
been acting funky.

I have the sheet calculating the hours for the day in, say, A1, and I have
it rounding those hours to the nearest quarter hour in A2 with the formula
=MROUND(A1,0.25).

It has always worked in the past, but today, my rounding in A2 is coming up
as #NAME. I checked my previous documents, and if I try and edit those in any
way, it changes my rounded results to #NAME.

I have already checked and made sure that the Analysis Toolpack is loaded to
no avail. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The #NAME error implies that Excel does not recognise the name of the
function you are using, so check again that the ATP is correctly
installed and enabled.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 10, 9:36 pm, dramajuana
wrote:
I have a time sheet that I've been using for several months, and today it's
been acting funky.

I have the sheet calculating the hours for the day in, say, A1, and I have
it rounding those hours to the nearest quarter hour in A2 with the formula
=MROUND(A1,0.25).

It has always worked in the past, but today, my rounding in A2 is coming up
as #NAME. I checked my previous documents, and if I try and edit those in any
way, it changes my rounded results to #NAME.

I have already checked and made sure that the Analysis Toolpack is loaded to
no avail. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Obviously something happened to your ATP add-in. However to round to the
nearest quarter without using ATP is not hard

with the time in C1

=ROUND(C1/(1/96),0)*(1/96)

however it seems you are rounding decimal values to the nearest quarter not
times (Excel times in the format of hh:mm etc)

either

=ROUND(C1/0.25,0)*0.25

or

=ROUND(C1*4,0)/4

Peo Sjoblom

"dramajuana" wrote in message
I have a time sheet that I've been using for several months, and today it's
been acting funky.

I have the sheet calculating the hours for the day in, say, A1, and I have
it rounding those hours to the nearest quarter hour in A2 with the formula
=MROUND(A1,0.25).

It has always worked in the past, but today, my rounding in A2 is coming
up
as #NAME. I checked my previous documents, and if I try and edit those in
any
way, it changes my rounded results to #NAME.

I have already checked and made sure that the Analysis Toolpack is loaded
no avail. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Figured it out. Disabling the ATP, shutting down Excel, starting Excel,
enabling the ATP, and shutting down and restarting Excel did it, for some
reason. Thanks for the help.