Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Date calculation

Hi! Can someone tell me how to do this date calculation: I have entered a
starting date (September 1, 2007), and I want to create a calculation that
adds one week to that date over a series of cells (September 1 plus 7 days;
September 8 plus 7 days, and so on). Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A1 has a date
A2 has =A1+7 and displays the date one week on
Copied A2 to A3 and it shows A1 plus 2 weeks (ie A2 plus 7 days)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Faith" wrote in message
Hi! Can someone tell me how to do this date calculation: I have entered a
starting date (September 1, 2007), and I want to create a calculation that
adds one week to that date over a series of cells (September 1 plus 7
days;
September 8 plus 7 days, and so on). Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Make sure that your cells are formatted as date. If your first date is in
cell A1, then use this formula in A2

=A1+7

and copy down as far as needed