Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Workbook within workbook

I am looking to create a system if possible when a user opens a workbook
which is number or links buttons to other workbooks, which when clicked on
open up the other books you can still see the links. I need it in workbooks
rather than worksheets so that other users can work on different book at the
same time. I've tried to put a little diagram below. Any help appreciated.
I have a reasonable knowledge of excel

LIST OF BUTTONS/LINKS
WORKBOOKS OPEN HERE

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Adrian,

1. Choose View, Toolbars, Customize, click the Toolbars tab, and click New
button.
2. Click the Commands tab and select the Macros category.
3. Drag the Custom Button to your new toolbar.
4. Leaving the Customize dialog box open, right-click the new button on the
new toolbar and choose Assign Hyperlink, Open.
5. Locate the file you want to open.
6. Modify the image by right-clicking the new toolbar button and choosing
Change Button Image or Edit Button Image.
7. By default the path and file to the hyperlink become the buttons toolbar
tip.

When you have done this for each of the files you can attach the toolbar to
the master file if you want everybody to get the toolbar. To do this keep
the Customize dialog box open. Click the Toolbars tab, click the Attach
button, select the custom toolbar on the left and click the Copy button.

If you modify the toolbar after attaching it you will need to reattach it.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Adrian Harding" wrote:

I am looking to create a system if possible when a user opens a workbook
which is number or links buttons to other workbooks, which when clicked on
open up the other books you can still see the links. I need it in workbooks
rather than worksheets so that other users can work on different book at the
same time. I've tried to put a little diagram below. Any help appreciated.
I have a reasonable knowledge of excel

LIST OF BUTTONS/LINKS
WORKBOOKS OPEN HERE

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your help, never thought about this. Just wish it would auto
update on users if changes were made rather than deleting each time

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote in
message ...