Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default pivot table and critera range filter

I have a pivot table based on some list data. The list data has a date
column. I would like to have a dynamic pivot table that only displays data
based on a start date and a end date. So the process would be I enter into a
cell the start date and the end date. Update the pivot table and displays the
results based on the criteria. Enter a new start date and again update the
pivot table with the new results. I tried using the auto filter on the list
data but the pivot table still reads all the data. I cannot use the built in
filters in the pivot table becuase I cannot select a range using only 2
values, you need to select all values within your range. There must be a
simple way to do this. The end users that will use the sheet need simple 3
step process to get results. Enter start date, Enter end date, update table,
print results.

Thanks......
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Enter the start and end dates in named cells on your worksheet
(StartDate and EndDate in this example)
Add a column to your list data, with the heading DateRange.
In this column, use a formula to mark the records that fall within the
date range, e.g.:

=AND(A2=StartDate,A2<=EndDate)

Refresh the pivot table, and add this field to the Page area, and from
the drop down list, choose TRUE.
Only records in the date range will be displayed.

After you change the Start and End dates, refresh the pivot table again.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures