Craig

Default Sorting birthdays by month and day

I have a column of birthdates (with years) and would like to sort these in
chronological order without reference to year of birth so I can determine
the order of birthdays during the year.

ps Thanks to Arvi and Dave for previous response-perfect.

Thanks,
Craig

Jason Morin

Use another column to pull out the month index and sort
ascending based on this column:

=MONTH(A1)

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

I have a column of birthdates (with years) and would

like to sort these in
chronological order without reference to year of birth

so I can determine
the order of birthdays during the year.

ps Thanks to Arvi and Dave for previous response-perfect.

Thanks,
Craig

.

Niek Otten

Hi Craig,

Easiest is to introduce two extra columns with month and day, and use these
to sort all three columns
=Day(A1) and = Month(A1)

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Craig" wrote in message
I have a column of birthdates (with years) and would like to sort these in
chronological order without reference to year of birth so I can determine
the order of birthdays during the year.

ps Thanks to Arvi and Dave for previous response-perfect.

Thanks,
Craig

Debra Dalgleish

Add another column to your table.
In the first row of data, enter a formula that refers to the date, e.g.:

=TEXT(A2,"mm-dd")

where the birth date is in cell A2

Copy the formula down to the last row of data.
Sort on this column to organize the birthdays by month and day.

Craig wrote:
I have a column of birthdates (with years) and would like to sort these in
chronological order without reference to year of birth so I can determine
the order of birthdays during the year.

ps Thanks to Arvi and Dave for previous response-perfect.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html