Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Option - Analysis Tools

I remember I have turn on the option - analysis tools once for using workday
function on other workbook, but this option is not selected on another
workbook.
Do I need to turn on this option - analysis tools on each workbook
individually in order to use workday function on every workbook? I think I
only need to turn on this option once, that is all.
Does anyone have any suggestions why I need to turn on the option more than
one time? Does it cause by recently upgrading from Office 2000 to Office 2003?
Thank in advance for any suggestions
Eric
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Eric,

It isn't really an "option" to turn on but rather an Add-In to be loaded. To
use the Analysis Tool Pack function such as WORKDAY, you must load the ATP.
From the Tools menu, choose Add Ins and check "Analysis Tool Pack". When
that add in is loaded, you have access to the function. If the ATP is not
loaded, you'll get #NAME errors. An Add In operates at the Application
level. That is, when it is loaded, all open workbooks can use the function
in the Add In; it need not be enabled or loaded for each workbook.

Upgrading from 2000 to 2003 has no difference on the ATP. The only version
difference regarding the ATP is with Excel 2007. In 2007, the functions that
were previously in the ATP are now native Excel function so the ATP isn't
required to use them.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson