Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RaY RaY is offline

Default two worksheets are linked in the same workbook. Don't want it.

Running Office Excel 2007, I have two worksheets, in the same workbook, that
seem to be linked. Any change I make to ANY cell of sheet 1 is duplicated
automatically in the same cell on sheet 2.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You most likely have the sheets "grouped". To ungroup them, right-click on
the tab and choose "Ungroup Sheets".

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Ray" wrote in message
Running Office Excel 2007, I have two worksheets, in the same workbook,
that
seem to be linked. Any change I make to ANY cell of sheet 1 is duplicated
automatically in the same cell on sheet 2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RaY RaY is offline

Thanks Chip,
I have no idea how these sheets got grouped. I did copy and past the
contents of sheet1 into sheet2, before I began changing things.
Unfortunately, I didn't realize what was happening until I'd overwritten my
entire sheet1. Thanks for the help. Any idea how I 'grouped' my worksheets
without realizing it?
Best regards,
Ray

"Ray" wrote in message
Running Office Excel 2007, I have two worksheets, in the same workbook,
that
seem to be linked. Any change I make to ANY cell of sheet 1 is duplicated
automatically in the same cell on sheet 2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To group sheets you can right-click on one sheet tab and "select all sheets".

Also select one sheet then hold SHIFT key and click on last sheet.

Also hold CTRL key and select one sheet at a time.

You could have used any one of these methods.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP