Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Enter text automatically based on current time

I have a read-only spreadsheet that's used twice on a daily basis. Text is
entered in the morning and in the afternoon. I was trying to come up with a
formula to ease some of this routine text-entering. Specifically, is it
possible for Excel to enter "Some Text 1" into an empty cell, provided the
file is opened when the current time is AM, and "Some Text 2" when the file
is opened when the current time is PM?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(MOD(NOW(),1)<0.5,"Some Text 1","Some Text 2")
If you want the text to stay after the initial entry, copy, and paste
special/ values.
--
David Biddulph

"jmj713" wrote in message
I have a read-only spreadsheet that's used twice on a daily basis. Text is
entered in the morning and in the afternoon. I was trying to come up with
formula to ease some of this routine text-entering. Specifically, is it
possible for Excel to enter "Some Text 1" into an empty cell, provided the
file is opened when the current time is AM, and "Some Text 2" when the
file
is opened when the current time is PM?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could use a formula kind of like this...

=IF(MOD(NOW(),1)<=0.5, "AM", "PM")
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson