Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do i see & save only the first page in excel

I don't want more columns or rows than is needed. How do I get rid of them?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can hide them, assume you need A1:L50,
click the row header number 51 to select that row,
press ctrl + shift and down arrow, do formatrow and select hide
now go and select column M, press ctrl + shift and right arrow,
do formatcolumn and select hide

Before you do anything of this you might want to make sure your used range
does not go beyond these dimensions by pressing ctrl + end, if that will go
way beyond expected select like
the rows and columns but press editdelete first, then save the workbook.
Then hide the cells and finally save the workbook again

You cannot physically delete the rows and columns, and Excel workbook will
always have the number of rows/columns that it's in the specifications. You
can hide them and it will look like
that is all there is

Peo Sjoblom

"rich ward" <rich wrote in message
I don't want more columns or rows than is needed. How do I get rid of
them?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just what i wanted. Thank you...very helpful

I don't want more columns or rows than is needed. How do I get rid of them?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Rich,

Another trick you can use in some situations is to
zoom to 25% and pick the cell at the bottom right
corner of your screen, (BY210 on my screen) then
go to WindowFreeze Panes.
Zoom back to 100% and your spreadsheet will
appear locked in place. The scroll bars still run
up and down but have no effect on the view.
You can turn them off by going to ToolsOptionsView Tab
and unchecking them.

HTH
Martin