Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Proper function fix sought

Hello,

I am using a macro with the proper function, but unfortunately, I have some
cells where the content is like this: Word-Word. The proper function as is
turns that into Word-word. How could it be made to leave that intact?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Depending on what your list of words looks like, maybe:

=SUBSTITUTE(PROPER(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-"," "))," ","-")

This assumes that there are no spaces in the original list. If there are
spaces, then those spaces will get turned into hyphens.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Or don't use a space

=SUBSTITUTE(PROPER(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-","^^^")),"^^^","-")

Peo Sjoblom

Niniel wrote:

Hello,

I am using a macro with the proper function, but unfortunately, I have
some
cells where the content is like this: ?oWord-Word?. The proper
function as is
turns that into ?oWord-word?. How could it be made to leave that
intact?

Thank you.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for your replies.
However, I'm not sure I can use that. Below is my macro code. I'm not very
VB literate so I don't know how to implement your ideas.

For Each Cell In Intersect(Selection, _
Selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants, xlTextValues))
Cell.Formula = StrConv(Cell.Formula, vbProperCase)

Next