Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Overwriting cells

Ok I have a formula in Cell A1 and a formula in Cell B1.

The formula in B1 will usually return a zero value. And the formula in A1
will always have a result. The result will vary all the time. In some cases
the result will be longer then the width of the cell and i want the result in
A1 to be read clearly - meaning to write over the top of cell B1 as if there
was no formula.

When there is a result in B1 the result in A1 will ALWAYS be shorter then
the width of the cell so there will not be a need to over write.

Can Excel do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear Stephen,

I'm not sure if there are any formula / formatting that can do that. But
what I usually do is click cell A, then right click, choose format cell --
alignment -- click at the option "wrap text" (make sure there is a tick in
the box)

hope this help.
--
:)