Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Tom is offline

Default How to display only the days of the week?

I have a column of dates. How can I make it to display only the days of the
week, like Monday, Tuesday, ...... etc.?

TIA
Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format the cells with a custom number format like "dddd".

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Tom" wrote in message
.. .
I have a column of dates. How can I make it to display only the days of the
week, like Monday, Tuesday, ...... etc.?

TIA
Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In , Tom
spake thusly:

I have a column of dates. How can I make it to display only the
days of the week, like Monday, Tuesday, ...... etc.?

One way:
Format the cell, choose Custom, and type in: dddd

=dman=

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you put a date in a cell and copy drag down the cell using the right
mouse button you will get an option to fill weekdays only. For dates that
you already have in place you could use a help
column and a formula like

=WEEKDAY(A2,2)5

copy down, select all values including the help column, apply
datafilterauto filter, from drop down in the help column select TRUE.
Then select the visible cells (but NOT the headers) and do editdelete,
select delete entire row. Then remove the filter and the help column

Peo Sjoblom

.. .