Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Troubleshooting Switches and File Opening

I've encountered a problem with the way I open Excel 2003 files in Excel 2007:

If I open two older Excel files through explorer, I am unable to see both
workbooks in the "To Book" dropdown list when attempting to move or copy a
worksheet.

If I open the same two workbooks through Excel, both workbooks are visible
in the dropdown list.

I expect that the problem lies with my swithes in the folder options
settings, but I'm unsure what the default values shoud be.

If I go to (in Expllorer): Tools/Folder Options/File Types/(scroll to)
XLS/Advanced/Open/Edit, my "Application used to perform action:" line shows
the following: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE" /e "%1"
(including the quotes). My "Use DDE" box is checked, but my DDE message is
blank.

Can anyone using Excel 2007 please respond with default values for these
settings?

I would appreciate the help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for looking at my post, but I found the answer on my own. If anyone
else has a similar problem, here is what I did to fix it:

I copied the settings/switches from the newest Excel file format; i.e. I
went to Tools/Folder Options/File Types. Then I scrolled to XLSX and copied
these the settings to XLS. That fixed my problem. I may find that it
causes another problem later, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.