Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JHL JHL is offline

Default Count number of sheets

Hello,
I have two questions. What is the limit on the number of sheets in a Excel
file? How can I count the number of sheets in a large worksheet?

Thanks,
JHL
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In XL2003 and XL2007: Limited by available memory (default is 3 sheets)
You find this by searching Help with the term "specs"

This UDF will tell you how many worksheets (excludes chartsheets):
Function Sheetcount()
Sheetcount = Worksheets.Count
End Function

Call it with =SHEETCOUNT()
Need help with VBA: see David McRitchie's site on "getting started" with VBA

There is also =INFO("numfile") but I am not sure what value it really gives!
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JHL" wrote in message
Hello,
I have two questions. What is the limit on the number of sheets in a
Excel
file? How can I count the number of sheets in a large worksheet?

Thanks,
JHL

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On my computer, about 5447 sheets.