Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Zoom Problem

I have a zoom problem that appears when I connect to an overhead projector.
If I bring up a blank worksheet, and click on any cell, Excell zooms to
about 400% all on its own! The zoom setting as well as many others are
disabled, renering Excel useless for my presentation.

I have a similar problem with Powerpoint.

I suspect a hidden setting somewhere. Any help is appreciated.

I swapped out Dell laptops hoping to correct the problem to no avail
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Problem solved. Thanks to the Dell Support site! The problem was with my
Microsoft Wireless Laser Keyboard 6000 V2.0. There is an "auto zoom"
feature which must be disabled in order to avoid the aforementionned problem
when using projectors. Unbelievable!