Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Increment column values

Hi, I know there's a procedure to increment the values in a column by
1, where the result is a column with cells 1,2,3,4,5, etc. but what
I'm looking for is a way to increment whatever value is in a cell by a
given number. For instance, for the values .5,3,5.5, 4 you'd get
values
1.5,4,6.5,5 I'd appreciate any help supplied. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:
type the number you want to increment by in a cell. Go to Edit-Copy.

Highlight the range of cells you want to increment. Go to Edit -
Paste Special - Add and hit OK.

On Sep 5, 8:40 am, wrote:
Hi, I know there's a procedure to increment the values in a column by
1, where the result is a column with cells 1,2,3,4,5, etc. but what
I'm looking for is a way to increment whatever value is in a cell by a
given number. For instance, for the values .5,3,5.5, 4 you'd get
values
1.5,4,6.5,5 I'd appreciate any help supplied. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Sep 5, 8:40 am, wrote:

Hi, I know there's a procedure toincrementthevaluesin acolumnby
1, where the result is acolumnwith cells 1,2,3,4,5, etc. but what
I'm looking for is a way toincrementwhatever value is in a cell by a
given number. For instance, for thevalues.5,3,5.5, 4 you'd get
values
1.5,4,6.5,5 I'd appreciate any help supplied. Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, I'll try that.