Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default set a formula to get a percentage of another field

I am trying to get a formula for excel database, I would like to know how to
get a field to show me 11% of another field.....example 11% of $500.00 dolars
is $55.00 dollars, Gross, percentage & Net, could someone help as I am going
nuts trying to sort this out......Thankyou
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perhaps:-
A1= $500

B1 =A1*.11

or

=A1/100*11

Mike

"Gary__69" wrote:

I am trying to get a formula for excel database, I would like to know how to
get a field to show me 11% of another field.....example 11% of $500.00 dolars
is $55.00 dollars, Gross, percentage & Net, could someone help as I am going
nuts trying to sort this out......Thankyou

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

.... or may be clearer as =A1*11%
--
David Biddulph