Alesha

Default Can a paste another file into excel?

I was wondering if I could place a completely different worksheet into a
exsiting worksheet. Kind of like how word you can "Insert a file"??

Thanks!!
David McRitchie

Hi Alesha,
Depends on what you mean, but the answer is probably no,
especially with your wording completely different.

In Excel the columns are lettered (or numbered) and have the same
width for all rows. You cannot plop another spreadsheet into a cell.

You can create a complicated Form on a worksheet by including extra
columns all over the place and then mering cells, but then the result
is only good as a pretty form -- you can sort the data except in
specific areas that have the same format without merged cells.

Word allows you to subdivide a cell, Excel does not.
---
HTH,

"Alesha" wrote in message ...
I was wondering if I could place a completely different worksheet into a
exsiting worksheet. Kind of like how word you can "Insert a file"??

Thanks!!

Gordon

David McRitchie wrote:
|| Hi Alesha,
|| Depends on what you mean, but the answer is probably no,
|| especially with your wording completely different.

Yes you can - the copied data will just take on the format of the sheet it
is copied into.

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

David McRitchie

Hi Gordon,
Ok, I guess that is one intepretation of
placing a completely different worksheet into an
exsiting worksheet.

But that is one pretty big exception in that the existing sheet
must be empty.

In my previous post "then mering cells" should be
"then merging cells"
---
HTH,

"Gordon" wrote in message ...
David McRitchie wrote:
|| Hi Alesha,
|| Depends on what you mean, but the answer is probably no,
|| especially with your wording completely different.

Yes you can - the copied data will just take on the format of the sheet it
is copied into.

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Gordon

David McRitchie wrote:
|| Hi Gordon,
|| Ok, I guess that is one intepretation of
|| placing a completely different worksheet into an
|| exsiting worksheet.
|| But that is one pretty big exception in that the existing sheet
|| must be empty.

Not at all - I've copied data from a sheet in one workbook to a sheet that
already has data in it in another workbook many times.

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Lady Layla

Insert
Object
Browse to the location of the file and select it.

"Alesha" wrote in message
: I was wondering if I could place a completely different worksheet into a
: exsiting worksheet. Kind of like how word you can "Insert a file"??
:
: Thanks!!