Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default JUST A SIMPLE DATE PLEASE!

In Excel 2007 I need to have the date read as follows in several columns and
it keeps appearing as a five digit number instead!! Pls help!

Example: I need Jan 1 to read 01/01 in the column

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you're looking at formulas.

Try ctrl-` (ctrl-backquote to the left of the 1/! key on my US keyboard)

In xl2003, it's tools|options|view|uncheck formulas.

I don't remember where that option is in xl2007.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Renee,

Just right click on the cell or range of cells you want in that format then
select format cells. You can then go down to custom and enter mm/dd for the
type.

HTH
Adam Bush
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You don't have the date format selected
select the cell and press ctrl+shift+3
you may further refine by entering a custom format as recommended by adambush
i.e. select the cell
press ctrl+1
go to custom format in the end
type mm/dd or dd/mm to reflect the month or the day first, respectively.

Regards