Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel add-ins

I had an add-in already installed on my computer. An updated version came
out and I installed it. When I leave and re-enter excel, the add-in does not
automatically load. I can load it from the folder where it was stored, but I
have to manually do this every time. In the add-ins dialogue box the add in
appears and is checked when I open excel. Any ideas on how to make this so
it loads automatically? I appear to have added it exactly as excel said to,
and the provider of the add in has never seen this problem and had thousands
of the add-in in service.
--
pwp

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Additionally, If I can rid my computer of all of this add in so that the
computer thinks it never existed perhaps it will work properly when I reload
it. When I do an uninstall, it still shows in the add-in dialogue box. Is
there a way to completely uninstall an add in so that it does not show inthe
add-in dialogue box?
--
pwp

"pwpcg" wrote in message
I had an add-in already installed on my computer. An updated version came
out and I installed it. When I leave and re-enter excel, the add-in does
not
automatically load. I can load it from the folder where it was stored,
but I
have to manually do this every time. In the add-ins dialogue box the add
in
appears and is checked when I open excel. Any ideas on how to make this
so
it loads automatically? I appear to have added it exactly as excel said
to,
and the provider of the add in has never seen this problem and had
thousands
of the add-in in service.
--
pwp

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yeah. Delete the actual file in windows explorer.

Then go to ToolsAddins and select the addin. You'll get a message that
allows you to delete it.

Then close Excel and it should be gone completely.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Is it properly setup in the registry

HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftOffice\version#\Excel\Opti ons\OPEN#

--
---
HTH

Bob