Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default "Running Virus Scan" ....On Opening Excel Workbook

I am running Microsoft Excel 2007 (Office 2007 Business) with XP Pro

When I open an Excel 2007 workbook....the bottom left indicates.........
"Running Virus Scan"
This results in the Workbook taking a long time to open.

I located this KB Bulletin
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919047
This bulletin refers to Word 2007

Method 1
Suggests I remove the program that installed the addin.....that I assume
would be the Office Small Business Installation!!! but I want that.

Method 2
Suggests I remove the .wll file (which is probably a Word 2007 file
extension) from the startup folder.
With Folder Options: View Hidden files unchecked.
I have located the folders but they appear to be empty.

Questions
1. How can I stop this annoying virus Scan?
2. Is it a regisrty setting?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dermot

I would not want to advise to disable your virus scanner, but it is this
that is running not an issue with Excel. You may want to check if the A/V
vendor has any updated plug-ins for Office 2007. If this is Norton, it being
slow and a memory hog is not unusual

--

HTH
Nick Hodge