Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Zoomed in files

Weird zoom/view issue.

We open any existing Excel file on one computer.
Sheet1 is at 75% zoom/view.
Sheet2 is at 100% zoom/view.
Sheet3 is at 200% zoom/view.
Open Excel and start a new one, and it is fine. Saves normally as well.

Is there some setting that determines or sets the zoom/view like that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The Zoom setting is retained by each worksheet in the workbook, so at some
point the zoom value was changed on the worksheets in question and saved with
those settings.

All new workbooks have the worksheet zoom setting at 100%
--
Kevin Backmann

"Mount_Dreamer" wrote:

Weird zoom/view issue.

We open any existing Excel file on one computer.
Sheet1 is at 75% zoom/view.
Sheet2 is at 100% zoom/view.
Sheet3 is at 200% zoom/view.
Open Excel and start a new one, and it is fine. Saves normally as well.

Is there some setting that determines or sets the zoom/view like that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So, just to clarify, you are saying that someone went in, adjusted the zoom
on 50 excel files so that the Sheet1 is 75%, Sheet2 is 100%, and Sheet3 is
125%?

Even though it is only affecting this one computer?

"Mount_Dreamer" wrote:

Weird zoom/view issue.

We open any existing Excel file on one computer.
Sheet1 is at 75% zoom/view.
Sheet2 is at 100% zoom/view.
Sheet3 is at 200% zoom/view.
Open Excel and start a new one, and it is fine. Saves normally as well.

Is there some setting that determines or sets the zoom/view like that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is there a template in the XLStartup folder on that lone errant computer that
possibly has those zoom settings. That might be where the zoom assignments
are being applied.
--
Kevin Backmann