Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default taking an average of every 30 cells

I have a column of data that is 3500 cells. I want to get averages of
this data by every 30 cells. Is there any way of doing this besides
than manually calculating the average for every group of 30 cells?
THanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Asuming data starts in A1:

in B1:

=AVERAGE(OFFSET($A$1,(ROW()-ROW($A$1))*30,,30))

copy down

HTH

" wrote:

I have a column of data that is 3500 cells. I want to get averages of
this data by every 30 cells. Is there any way of doing this besides
than manually calculating the average for every group of 30 cells?
THanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Donna,

Say your data is in A1:A3500.
In B30 put =AVERAGE(A1:A30)
Then click on the fill handle and drag down to the end
of your data. That will give you a running average
of the previous thirty values.

Rather than dragging you can also double click on the
fill handle which will copy the formula down as far as
there is data in column A.

HTH
Martin

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a column of data that is 3500 cells. I want to get averages of
this data by every 30 cells. Is there any way of doing this besides
than manually calculating the average for every group of 30 cells?
THanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

THANKS!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc