Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I change auto formatting to allow a 0 as the first number

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not sure what auto formatting is, but you can either change the numberformat
to a custom format (like: 00000), then do your data entry.

Or you can prefix your entry with an apostrophe: '01234

Or you could preformat the cell as Text and it'll keep anything you type as-is.

britlynd wrote:

--

Dave Peterson