Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Problem viewing back the "Unfiltered range"

Hi,

When you use the AutoFilter command, AutoFilter arrows appear to the right
of the column labels in the filtered range.

Scenario:

If you filter more than one cloumn, there are posibility that it becomes
difficult to revert to Unfiltered range from filtered range.

Therefore, I wish if an item by name "Unfilter range" is specified, then the
user view the unfiltered range immediately, rather than manipulating the
filter arrows again.

Challa Prabhu

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response. In Either case one has to go to Data-
Filter+Show All or create a cutom tool bar add Show all command from the data
category and place it the toolbar.

For example, if I filter on a Name field and get 60 records, and changing
other filed(s) would give another set of records, which could probabily be 5,
After lot of filter across diferen column, I should come back to 60 when I
press All.

Challa Prabhu

"challa prabhu" wrote:

Hi,

When you use the AutoFilter command, AutoFilter arrows appear to the right
of the column labels in the filtered range.

Scenario:

If you filter more than one cloumn, there are posibility that it becomes
difficult to revert to Unfiltered range from filtered range.

Therefore, I wish if an item by name "Unfilter range" is specified, then the
user view the unfiltered range immediately, rather than manipulating the
filter arrows again.

Challa Prabhu

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No need for custom toolbar - it is already there
customise your toolbar (right mouse on toolbar)
Select Commands
Select category Data & select then add Show All to Toolbar
It is such an easy thing to do - simple explanation on the spreadsheet to
let people know

"challa prabhu" wrote:

Hi,

When you use the AutoFilter command, AutoFilter arrows appear to the right
of the column labels in the filtered range.

Scenario:

If you filter more than one cloumn, there are posibility that it becomes
difficult to revert to Unfiltered range from filtered range.

Therefore, I wish if an item by name "Unfilter range" is specified, then the
user view the unfiltered range immediately, rather than manipulating the
filter arrows again.

Challa Prabhu

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hmm hmm is offline

I had a similar problem. I found that you can recall filter criteria by
using custom views. Just filter to your heart's content, then save the
result as a custom view--I included "Hidden rows" as part of the custom-view
definition. After making changes to the filter, select the custom view to
see the saved filter again!