Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel VBA Chart TickLabels

Hello I have a chart on my workbook. I am trying to format the TickLabels
values to
Produce Letters instead on numbers, it only changes two numbers. and then
give a error
if I try to change more than two conditions. any insight into getting all
value on the
TickLabels to change will be appreciated. Thanks

does not work
Selection.TickLabels.NumberFormat = "[=19] ""G""; [=17] ""S"";[=17] ""F""; "

works !
Selection.TickLabels.NumberFormat = "[=19] ""G""; [=17] ""S"""

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I saw this question somewhere else. You need to hide the regular axis
labels, use an XY series to put points where you need labels (hide the
points if you want), then apply custom data labels to the points to serve as
your tick labels. Use one of these free utilities to apply labels from a
worksheet range to the data points:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"djdwwoug" wrote in message
Hello I have a chart on my workbook. I am trying to format the TickLabels
values to
Produce Letters instead on numbers, it only changes two numbers. and then
give a error
if I try to change more than two conditions. any insight into getting all
value on the
TickLabels to change will be appreciated. Thanks

does not work
Selection.TickLabels.NumberFormat = "[=19] ""G""; [=17] ""S"";[=17] ""F"";
"

works !
Selection.TickLabels.NumberFormat = "[=19] ""G""; [=17] ""S"""

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks again, is there anyway I can count the major gridlines so I can Place
the labels on each point.
because the gridline changes I need to have the labels on the grid lines.
each the data changes thr Y axis numbers and the X has dates I want to
change the Y numbers to letters is this posiable Dynamically?

"djdwwoug" wrote in message
Hello I have a chart on my workbook. I am trying to format the
TickLabels
values to
Produce Letters instead on numbers, it only changes two numbers. and
then
give a error
if I try to change more than two conditions. any insight into getting
all
value on the
TickLabels to change will be appreciated. Thanks

does not work
Selection.TickLabels.NumberFormat = "[=19] ""G""; [=17] ""S"";[=17]
""F"";
"

works !
Selection.TickLabels.NumberFormat = "[=19] ""G""; [=17] ""S"""

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use the same axis scale for the series you add to show labels. If G is
always at 19, then you place your point at 19 and apply a label of G. If G
is not always 19, you change the cell with the value so it keeps track of
G's value (or use a clever formula that changes the value appropriately).

- Jon
-------