Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Chart with various Y value ranges

I posted this before but not sure if I expressed it correctly.

I need to chart about 5 series each having months in the X axis. Each also
has its own Y number ranges.
Example:
Series 1 number range can be between 100,000 and 500,000
Series 2 range can be between 10,000 and 50,000
Series 3 range can be between 1,000 and 5,000
Series 4 range can be between 100 and 500
Series 5 range can be between 10 and 50

Is there a way to plot these so that the lower ranges dont get lost on the
chart and simply look like a flat line along the X axis.

Best way I can describe it is I want each range to show the trend but like
floating. So that each series trends can be compared together.

--
--coastal
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A few suggestions, in order of increasing complexity:

1. Use a log scale.
2. Multiple each set of values by the appropriate power of ten so they use
the same scale.
3. Make a panel chart:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...venScales.html

- Jon