Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default #N/A outcomes in formulas

I am using a spreadsheet with multiple sheets and using the Vlookup formula
to pull certain data from the sheets. The VLookups are working fine, but I
then have to add a certain number of Vlookups together in one formula.
Again, I believe they are working fine, but some of the sheets do not have
the lookup field in it, so therefore return #N/A. Is there anyway i can use
an IF formula or something similar, around the Vlookup formula so the #N/A
would be returned as 0.00 instead and would therefore add up as normal? I
thought I had it sussed, but because the #N/A is not text, it won't recognise
it in the IF function.

Thanks in advance for you help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Aug 29, 9:16 am, Caroline
wrote:
I am using a spreadsheet with multiple sheets and using the Vlookup formula
to pull certain data from the sheets. The VLookups are working fine, but I
then have to add a certain number of Vlookups together in one formula.
Again, I believe they are working fine, but some of the sheets do not have
the lookup field in it, so therefore return #N/A. Is there anyway i can use
an IF formula or something similar, around the Vlookup formula so the #N/A
would be returned as 0.00 instead and would therefore add up as normal? I
thought I had it sussed, but because the #N/A is not text, it won't recognise
it in the IF function.

Thanks in advance for you help

Yeah, just use =if(isna(vlookup formula),0,(vlookup formula)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP),0,VLOOKUP)

will return zero instead of #N/A

or if all you want is being able to sum the results of the vlookups without
getting an error you can use

=SUMIF(D2:D50,"<="&99^99)

where D2:D50 holds the results of the vlookups

Peo Sjoblom