Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default retrieve items deleted from recycle bin

I accidently deleted the main spreadsheet my desktop shortcut was connected
to. Not only did I sent it to the recycle bin, but emptied it also. Is there
any way possible I can retrieve my file or am I out of luck?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Unless there's a copy of the file out there somewhere, you're out of luck.
Check whether you e-mailed the file to anyone. Of course, if you set Excel
to save backups, the backup file will be available. Otherwise, if it's on a
network, maybe the network has been backed up recently. You could check
with your company's IT dept. in that case. Hope you find a copy! James