Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default entering date/time in 1/4 or 1/2 hour increments?

Does anyone have a suggestion or template with easiest way to enter date/time
in excel for keeping track of project times by the hour?
ie. drafting log or simple work log but in hours and not simply days...
Thanks,
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jim,
Thanks for the suggestion but I need to find a way or template that has an
easy way to insert date & time like the shortcut ctrl :
but only in 15 minnute increments from the actual time. ie 1/4 or 1/2 hour
increments.

I do a lot of project work and would like to be able to post it quickly in a
log.
my window of available hours is 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.
If someone has a drop down list template or I'll make my own, this might
work easy enough.

"David" wrote:

Does anyone have a suggestion or template with easiest way to enter date/time
in excel for keeping track of project times by the hour?
ie. drafting log or simple work log but in hours and not simply days...
Thanks,
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sandy,
Do you have a small sample template with the macro built in it?
It has been a while since I used or made a macro.
Thanks,
David

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

Use the event Macro:

If Intersect(Target, Columns("A:A")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
'Change Columns to your Required column
If Target.Rows.Count 1 Then Exit Sub

Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Value2 = Int(Target.Value2 * 96 + 0.5) / 96
Application.EnableEvents = True
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"David" wrote:

Does anyone have a suggestion or template with easiest way to enter
date/time
in excel for keeping track of project times by the hour?
ie. drafting log or simple work log but in hours and not simply days...
Thanks,
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

David,

Send me a private e-mail so that I can get your address and I will send you
a sample workbook - do NOT post your real email address here or you will be
targeted by the spambots.

Alter my e-mail address below by replacing the @mailinator.com as it says
because Mailinator is a spam trap that creates an account for you
automatically on receipt of a e-mail and delates it again "after a few
hours"