Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Column titles

Hello, All!

Perhaps I have not woken up properly yet but I have a sheet that
is updated daily and there are several sets of columns derived
from the input values. I sometimes forget which columns are
which and have to go to the top of the page to find the
headings. Is there a simple way to do this? Should I perhaps
best write a macro and assign it to a button? Ideally,I would
like to see the values and the headings at the same time?

Thanks in advance.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi James,

Have you tried splitting the window or freezing the panes? See Window|Split and Window|Freeze Panes.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"James Silverton" wrote in message ...
Hello, All!

Perhaps I have not woken up properly yet but I have a sheet that
is updated daily and there are several sets of columns derived
from the input values. I sometimes forget which columns are
which and have to go to the top of the page to find the
headings. Is there a simple way to do this? Should I perhaps
best write a macro and assign it to a button? Ideally,I would
like to see the values and the headings at the same time?

Thanks in advance.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi James,
See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/freeze.htm

Select cell B2 then use Window (menu), Freeze

For printing: file, Page setup, sheets
rows to repeat at top $1:$1
Columns to repeat at left $A:$A

There is more information on the above page, including
variation for the Excel 2007.
--
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP -- Excel

"James Silverton" wrote in message
Hello, All!

Perhaps I have not woken up properly yet but I have a sheet that is
updated daily and there are several sets of columns derived from the input
values. I sometimes forget which columns are which and have to go to the
top of the page to find the headings. Is there a simple way to do this?
Should I perhaps best write a macro and assign it to a button? Ideally,I
would like to see the values and the headings at the same time?

Thanks in advance.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

David wrote on Sat, 25 Aug 2007 08:55:31 -0400:

DM Select cell B2 then use Window (menu), Freeze

DM For printing: file, Page setup, sheets
DM rows to repeat at top $1:$1
DM Columns to repeat at left $A:$A

DM There is more information on the above page, including
DM variation for the Excel 2007.
DM --
DM HTH,
DM David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP -- Excel
DM My Excel Pages:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm

DM "James Silverton" wrote in
DM message ...
?? Hello, All!
??
?? Perhaps I have not woken up properly yet but I have a
?? sheet that is updated daily and there are several sets of
?? columns derived from the input values. I sometimes forget
?? which columns are which and have to go to the top of the
?? page to find the headings. Is there a simple way to do
?? this? Should I perhaps best write a macro and assign it to
?? a button? Ideally,I would like to see the values and the
?? headings at the same time?
??

Thanks to you and macropod! I had no idea that Freeze did that!
As I have said before, no matter how long you've been using a
program, you can always live and learn.

Thanks again!