-   -   Need help with Drawing a Straight Line (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/155662-need-help-drawing-straight-line.html)

mginther

Need help with Drawing a Straight Line

I am making a chart and need to put a verticle straight line from certian
points on the chart. When I go to the Insert Tab, then to shapes, I select
line. I picked the two end points for the chart... the first one is exactly
where i want it, the other is slightly off (to the right or left). Is there
any way to make it go where i want? When I go to edit it, the box comes
around the line and it looks like the straight line is actually a diagonal
straight line... which isnt what I want. Any Ideas??? Thanks

Mike

Bob Umlas, Excel MVP

Need help with Drawing a Straight Line

Works fine for me - are you holding the shift key while drawing the line?
That constricts it.

"mginther" wrote:

I am making a chart and need to put a verticle straight line from certian
points on the chart. When I go to the Insert Tab, then to shapes, I select
line. I picked the two end points for the chart... the first one is exactly
where i want it, the other is slightly off (to the right or left). Is there
any way to make it go where i want? When I go to edit it, the box comes
around the line and it looks like the straight line is actually a diagonal
straight line... which isnt what I want. Any Ideas??? Thanks

Mike

dlw

Need help with Drawing a Straight Line

Excel really isn't good at things like that, you might have to copy the chart
and paste it into something like Photoshop or Paint and edit it there.