Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dynamic PivotTable Data Source

Hi,

Is there a way for me to put the datasource,sheet and range information in a
cell, then reference the PivotTable to that cell to get the information?

I have 3 PivotTables and would like to be able to access between current and
historical data without having to go through the manual process of:
- Starting the wizard
- Click back
- Update the datasource
- Click OK

All datasources are exactly the same, except for the workbook name.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Lenardz wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way for me to put the datasource,sheet and range information in a
cell, then reference the PivotTable to that cell to get the information?

I have 3 PivotTables and would like to be able to access between current and
historical data without having to go through the manual process of:
- Starting the wizard
- Click back
- Update the datasource
- Click OK

All datasources are exactly the same, except for the workbook name.

Any ideas?

Here is one idea, make three pivot tables, each on thier own Worksheet.
Then you could select thier tab to switch between them...