Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Changing Date Format

I have several date range in one Column. When I enter the date as
22-Aug-2007, it automatically changed to a number starting 39XXXXX.

I know I can reformat the date, but there are several other date range in
the same column such as 4Q07, 1Q08... and 2007, 2008 etc. Hence I need to
have the column format as text to have 4Q07....

Can anyone help me on this?