Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Stop launching outlook when I click on an email address?

I would like excel to ignore email addresses, and stop launching my email
program when I click on a cell containing an email address. I would like to
apply this setting to everything I do in excel if possible, rather than
applying it to each worksheet or cell.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dagmaer

In Excel 2002 and up you can turn this off

ToolsAutoCorrect options
See the Autoformat as you type tab

In Excel 2007 :

Office buttton
Excel options
Proofing
Autocorrect options
Autoformat as you type tab

In older version you can do this
You can also start with a ' when you start typing
Or use Ctrl z after you enter

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Dagmaer" wrote in message ...
I would like excel to ignore email addresses, and stop launching my email
program when I click on a cell containing an email address. I would like to
apply this setting to everything I do in excel if possible, rather than
applying it to each worksheet or cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This appears to only work for the spreadsheet I have open. "Autocorrect
options" is not available if I do not have a spreadsheet open, and the
setting does not appear to be carrying over to the next spreadsheet.

Also, existing email addresses (addresses I have already entered into cells)
are still acting like hyperlinks, and are launching Outlook. This in spite of
the fact that I converted all of the '@' symbols to " [at] ".

I am using MS Office Excel 2003, if that is helpful.

"Dagmaer" wrote in message ...
I would like excel to ignore email addresses, and stop launching my email
program when I click on a cell containing an email address. I would like to
apply this setting to everything I do in excel if possible, rather than
applying it to each worksheet or cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It is a Application setting but only working if you enter new mail or url addresses in existing and new workbooks.

For existing links you can use a macro to remove the links

Sub test()
ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Delete
End Sub

Alt-F11
InsertModule from the menubar
paste the sub in there
Alt-Q to go back to Excel

If you do Alt-F8 you get a list of your macro's
Select "test" and press Run