Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CEG CEG is offline

Default conditional format on cells using VLOOKUP

I want to highlight the cells that do not get a result from the VLOOKUP
function. I tried setting the conditional format to Cell Value = "N/A" (and
other variations) but with no luck.
--
CG
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use "Formula is" Instead of "Cell value is". The formula (for cell A1) is:

=ISNA(A1)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"CEG" wrote in message ...
|I want to highlight the cells that do not get a result from the VLOOKUP
| function. I tried setting the conditional format to Cell Value = "N/A" (and
| other variations) but with no luck.
| --
| CG

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CEG CEG is offline

Thanks for the quick reply...I knew there had to be a simple answer!
--
CG

"CEG" wrote in message ...
|I want to highlight the cells that do not get a result from the VLOOKUP
| function. I tried setting the conditional format to Cell Value = "N/A" (and
| other variations) but with no luck.
| --
| CG

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc