Steven

Default Changing Fill color choices

I have looked at past questions for fill color but I cannot make it work. I
want to change one of the fill color choices permanently. I make the change
; save the file ; close the file ; and when I reopen the file the color has
been reset to what it was before I changed it. How do I change it
permanently.

Thank you,

Steven
CyberTaz

From what you posted it sounds like you are doing the right things. Where are
you selecting your Fill color? Any other specifics - All files or just one?
Version, other problems possibly related, etc.

If there are known issues I'm sure you will be informed |:)

"Steven" wrote:

I have looked at past questions for fill color but I cannot make it work. I
want to change one of the fill color choices permanently. I make the change
; save the file ; close the file ; and when I reopen the file the color has
been reset to what it was before I changed it. How do I change it
permanently.

Thank you,

Steven

David McRitchie

Hi Steven,
Some of the colors are duplicates. So shade a cell with the color
then use tools options to change the same color, hit OK, and the cell
should change as soon as you return to the worksheet even
if you don't save (you will have to save though for permanent change).
The change of colors appies only to the one workbook. .

Since you do not see the color even after saving I think you've not hit the [OK] button.

More information on
Color Palette and the 56 Excel ColorIndex Colors
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm

In rereading I can't really tell if you said you saw the color change or not
before save and close. So maybe make a non formatting change
to your data (add a constant, clear a cell, change a formula) before
save and close.
---
HTH,

"Steven" wrote
I have looked at past questions for fill color but I cannot make it work. I
want to change one of the fill color choices permanently. I make the change
; save the file ; close the file ; and when I reopen the file the color has
been reset to what it was before I changed it. How do I change it
permanently.

Steven

Note: What I am trying to do is t permanently change the Fill Color
Palette. Nothing is working so far.
Mike R

Steven

There was not enough information in your post to know how you changed the
color but this worked for me on xl2k
ToolsoptionsColor, select the color you want to permanently change,
Modify, make the changes and "OK" out and it is done. If you want that

color now it is there. If you want it again later save the file and it will
be there when you open.
HTH
Mike R.