Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Does anyone know the code to put a number in the right header...

Does anyone know the code to put a number in the right header and have the
number change everytime you print? This number has nothing to do with the
worksheet itself, it is a totally different number.

This is what I am using to do the regular printing in the spreadsheet and
would like it to be changed for the right header only no cell reference:

If ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet1" Then
ActiveSheet.Range("K1").Value = ActiveSheet.Range("K1").Value + 1

Thanks sorry for the double post but I haven't received an answer to help me.
Jennifer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Gary for your input but it still does not work. I changed "jenny" to
my worksheet name and now I get an error. What am I doing wrong?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

O.K.

This macro will create a custom property that will hold the counter:

Sub firstone()
Dim dp As DocumentProperties
Set dp = ThisWorkbook.CustomDocumentProperties
dp.Add Name:="jenny", _
LinkToContent:=False, _
Type:=msoPropertyTypeNumber, _
Value:=1
End Sub

and then the print sub:

If ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet1" Then
n = ThisWorkbook.CustomDocumentProperties("jenny").Val ue
n = n + 1
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightHeader = n
ThisWorkbook.CustomDocumentProperties("jenny").Val ue = n

This does not use a cell, it uses this "special" property or variable that
is associated with the file.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200737

"Jennifer-Houston, TX" wrote:

Thanks for the help but I don't want it to use any cells from the worksheet.
I want it to be a seperate number all together.
Thanks Jennifer

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

You are already 50% there.

If ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet1" Then
ActiveSheet.Range("K1").Value = ActiveSheet.Range("K1").Value + 1
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightHeader = ActiveSheet.Range("K1").Value

Gary''s Student - gsnu200737

"Jennifer-Houston, TX" wrote:

Does anyone know the code to put a number in the right header and have the
number change everytime you print? This number has nothing to do with the
worksheet itself, it is a totally different number.

This is what I am using to do the regular printing in the spreadsheet and
would like it to be changed for the right header only no cell reference:

If ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet1" Then
ActiveSheet.Range("K1").Value = ActiveSheet.Range("K1").Value + 1

Thanks sorry for the double post but I haven't received an answer to help me.
Jennifer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don't change "jenny" to your worksheet name.

"jenny" is the custom property you are adding to File Properties.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Jennifer-Houston, TX" wrote:

Thanks for the help but I don't want it to use any cells from the worksheet.
I want it to be a seperate number all together.
Thanks Jennifer

You are already 50% there.

"Jennifer-Houston, TX" wrote:

Does anyone know the code to put a number in the right header and have the
number change everytime you print? This number has nothing to do with the
worksheet itself, it is a totally different number.

This is what I am using to do the regular printing in the spreadsheet and
would like it to be changed for the right header only no cell reference:

If ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet1" Then
ActiveSheet.Range("K1").Value = ActiveSheet.Range("K1").Value + 1

Thanks sorry for the double post but I haven't received an answer to help me.
Jennifer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your reply. I entered it in exactly as you said and it shows it on
the print preview but still does not add a number every time I print. Any
solution?? Sorry for bugging you, I guess I need to take a class on this.
Thanks,
Jennifer

"Jennifer-Houston, TX" wrote:

Thanks for the help but I don't want it to use any cells from the worksheet.
I want it to be a seperate number all together.
Thanks Jennifer

You are already 50% there.