Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default =left of decimal

In column A I have a lift of numbers that are upto 10 decimal places. I
would like to populate column B with what is to the left of the decimal point
in column A in the same row.
Can this be done?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use the INT function. In cell B1 enter:

=INT(A1)

Copy down as needed.

HTH,
Elkar

"The Rook" wrote:

In column A I have a lift of numbers that are upto 10 decimal places. I
would like to populate column B with what is to the left of the decimal point
in column A in the same row.
Can this be done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=int(a1)
will bring back the whole number portion of what's in A1.

Then copy that formula down as far as you need it.

If you wanted the decimal portion, you could use:
=a1-int(a1)
or
=mod(a1,1)

--