Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Easy Question "I think" Text with funtions in it???

Hi,

I would like to have a function that makes a cell say this ...

Reverse Check # (a function that references the check) on (a function that
pulls a date) from account (a funtion that pulls the account number).

All this information that is needed to be referenced to is located in the
spreadsheet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

="Reverse Check # " & Check_number_cell & " on " & Date_cel l& " from Account
" & Account_number _Cell

"Schwimms" wrote:

Hi,

I would like to have a function that makes a cell say this ...

Reverse Check # (a function that references the check) on (a function that
pulls a date) from account (a funtion that pulls the account number).

All this information that is needed to be referenced to is located in the
spreadsheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Place the text portions of your formula in double-quotes. Then use the &
symbol to combine the different portions of your formula. Something like
this:

="Reverse Check # "&A1&" on "&B1&" from account "&C1&"."

This assumes your Check # is stored in A1, your date is stored in B1, and
your account number is stored in C1. Adjust the references as needed.

HTH,
Elkar

"Schwimms" wrote:

Hi,

I would like to have a function that makes a cell say this ...

Reverse Check # (a function that references the check) on (a function that
pulls a date) from account (a funtion that pulls the account number).

All this information that is needed to be referenced to is located in the
spreadsheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Place the date reference within a TEXT function. Something like:

TEXT(B1,"m/d/yy")

You can pick whatever date format you wish.

HTH,
Elkar

"Schwimms" wrote:

Ok one more quick question. Its change the date to a number how do I make it
stay at a date?