Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default importing into excel 2003 from web

When I right click on a Web page and select Export to Excel nothing happens.
Has anyone run into this and if so was there a solution?

I've tried it on other computers and it works fine. Just this one laptop.

--
mikeh
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Procedure 1:

Copy and paste static data or a refreshable query

You can use familiar copy and paste commands to bring the data from a Web
page into an Excel worksheet. When you paste Web page data into Excel, you
can keep the data static or make it refreshable by clicking Paste Options
and clicking Create Refreshable Web Query.

Procedure 2:

Query for data from a Web page

You can create or run a Web query (Web query: A query that retrieves data
stored on your intranet or the Internet.) to retrieve text or data on a Web
page. Web queries are especially useful for retrieving data that is in tables
or preformatted areas (tables are defined with the HTML <TABLE tag;
preformatted areas are often defined with the HTML <PRE tag). The retrieved
data does not include pictures, such as .gif images, and does not include the
contents of scripts.

Note:

If you retrieve data from a Web site, it is your responsibility to make sure
you use the data in compliance with any applicable terms and conditions
governing the use of the data by the owner and/or operator of such web site.

Procedure 3:

Refer to the topic on "Query for data from a Web page " in the Microsoft
Excel 2003 online help for the following:

1. Create a new Web query
2. Run a saved query

Challa Prabhu