Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Write in one cell & copies to another

I would like to know how I can type text in one cell and it copies the same
text in another cell but on a different row and sheet. A quick cut and paste
is not the answer as I have numerous inserts.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sometimes you can use a worksheet_change VBA macro. Your request is too
general to see if it is applicable.

"slavenp" wrote:

I would like to know how I can type text in one cell and it copies the same
text in another cell but on a different row and sheet. A quick cut and paste
is not the answer as I have numerous inserts.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the reply. I'm new to the world of excel and unsure if this would
help. The spreadsheet I have lists details down 50-60 rows and has 12 colums
and then the details are in a differnt order on another. Does that explain
enough?

"slavenp" wrote:

I would like to know how I can type text in one cell and it copies the same
text in another cell but on a different row and sheet. A quick cut and paste
is not the answer as I have numerous inserts.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try this

Sub populatesheet2()

Const AlphabetizedSheet = "Sheet1"
Const PopulateSheet = "Sheet2"

With Sheets(AlphabetizedSheet)
.Activate
LastRow = .Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
Set ShAlphaRange = Range(.Cells(2, "A"), _
.Cells(LastRow, "A"))
End With

With Sheets(PopulateSheet)
.Activate
LastRow = .Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
Set ShPopulateRange = Range(.Cells(2, "A"), _
.Cells(LastRow, "A"))
End With

Sheets(AlphabetizedSheet).Activate

For Each cell In ShAlphaRange

Set c = ShPopulateRange. _
Find(what:=cell.Value, LookIn:=xlValues)
If Not c Is Nothing Then
Set CopyRange = Range(Cells(cell.Row, "B"), _
Cells(cell.Row, "K"))
CopyRange.Copy _
Destination:=Sheets(PopulateSheet). _
Range("B" & c.Row)
End If

Next cell
End Sub

"slavenp" wrote:

The spreadsheet two worksheets, the first worksheet has a list of 50-60
schools downwards alphabetically in column A. Columns B - K have different
headings ie how many classrooms etc. In the second worksheet the same
headings are there but the list of schools in column A are not in
alphabetical order. I would like to enter the information beside one school
under a specific column and have it populates the same school and heading in
the other worksheet. Have I explained enough, can you help? Thanks.