Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Horizontal Scroll Bar Resizes Sheet!!??

The strangest thing happened. I was working on an Excel sheet and suddenly
the Horizontal scroll bar on the bottom right started functioning differently
- it resized the sheet instead of allowing me to scroll across. For example,
when I drag the bar to the right, the sheet expands, to the left - it
contracts. If I double click it the sheet maximizes.

It has happened before and I know that if I close and re-open it goes back
to functioning properly. Does anyone know how this happens and how I can
reverse it without closing and re-opening?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your response Eileen.
It's not checked, and checking it doesn't do it. It isn't a mouse roller
issue but a alide bar. Also, it doesn't zoom - it expands and contracts the
window.

From the Tools menu, select Options, then the General tab. See if the "Zoom