Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Spreadsheet is locked???

I am trying to format cells in a spreadsheet that was created and saved by
the previous office manager and the sheet will not allow me format anything.
I have checked to be certain that it is not locked and it is not. The sheet
is driving me crazy. I tried to format cell color and the color will not
change. I tried to format it to show currency and it will not, it only shows
the numbers I ente. I also tried to autosum the currrency column that would
not change and the end result was the formula showing in that cell and not
the amount I needed. Can anyone help me figure this out???????
--
Dana

The words "I can''t" should never leave your mouth. Anyone can do anything
they want, if they want it bad enough.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're in Formulas view. Press Ctrl-` (tilde key).

--
Jim
"danalmillan" wrote in message
|I am trying to format cells in a spreadsheet that was created and saved by
| the previous office manager and the sheet will not allow me format
anything.
| I have checked to be certain that it is not locked and it is not. The
sheet
| is driving me crazy. I tried to format cell color and the color will not
| change. I tried to format it to show currency and it will not, it only
shows
| the numbers I ente. I also tried to autosum the currrency column that
would
| not change and the end result was the formula showing in that cell and not
| the amount I needed. Can anyone help me figure this out???????
| --
| Dana
|
| The words "I can''t" should never leave your mouth. Anyone can do anything
| they want, if they want it bad enough.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Do the following:

1. On the Tools menu, click Options. The Options dialog box is displayed.
2. Click the View tab.
3. Under the Windows options section, clear the Formulas check box.
4. Click Ok to return to the worksheet.

Challa Prabhu