Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Setting Default Zoom

I am using Microsoft Office 2007. I want to set the default zoom at 87%.
How can that be done? The help in Microsoft says to add then delete a space
but it is unclear what they mean by that. Any help will be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This works in xl2003--untested in xl2007.

Saved from a previous post:

For brand new workbooks, you could create a book.xlt workbook template (stored
in your XLStart folder) that has each window the way you want.

If you want existing workbooks, then ...

Create a new workbook.
Add this code to the ThisWorkbook module:

Option Explicit
Public WithEvents xlApp As Application
Set xlApp = Nothing
End Sub
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Set xlApp = Excel.Application
End Sub
Private Sub xlApp_NewWorkbook(ByVal Wb As Workbook)
Call DoTheWork(Wb)
End Sub
Private Sub xlApp_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
Call DoTheWork(Sh.Parent)
End Sub
Private Sub xlApp_WorkbookOpen(ByVal Wb As Workbook)
Call DoTheWork(Wb)
End Sub
Private Sub DoTheWork(Wb As Workbook)
Dim myWindow As Window
For Each myWindow In Wb.Windows
myWindow.Zoom = 75
Next myWindow
End Sub

Save this file as an addin in your XLStart folder.

Each time you create a new workbook, open an existing workbook, change to a new
sheet, it'll set the zoom to 75%.

You can read a lot more about application events at Chip Pearson's site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/AppEvent.htm

--

Dave Peterson