Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Transfering Info

I am working on a spreadsheet that contains many line items of material
numbers. Next to all corresponding numbers (in a new column) i need a number
to go next to it. for example. SKU 5150 needs SKU 2120 next to it. How do I
find all 5150's and plug in 2120 without having to ctlr+f and paste next to
it? I hope this makes sense, i'm still learning....
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have a cross-reference table, something along the lines of
SKU 5150 SKU 2120
SKU 1234 SKU 5678
.... showing how the existing SKU should be matched up, you can use a
VLOOKUP formula to do the work for you. Let us know- do you have a
table of equivalent SKUs?

Dave O