Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default scroll bar within a cell

Hi. I would like to design cells in a worksheet where their dimensions are
static, able to hold long comments input by the end user, but with a scroll
bar to the right so the reader knows there is more to read than what is
displayed on the screen.

The cells will be formatted to wrap text and merge cells.

Thanks!,
Charlie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry but no can do. You can add text boxes or such but cells themselves have
no ability to display scroll bars...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"teh_chucksta" wrote:

Hi. I would like to design cells in a worksheet where their dimensions are
static, able to hold long comments input by the end user, but with a scroll
bar to the right so the reader knows there is more to read than what is
displayed on the screen.

The cells will be formatted to wrap text and merge cells.

Thanks!,
Charlie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You can only apply the following on a cell:
1. Format a Categories
2. Choose Alignment
3. Change the display of font, create a font sytle and size
4. Apply Borders
5. Choose Patterns and
6. Apply Protection

Note: You cannot add a scroll bar to the right.

Challa Prabhu